Tired of doing all the cooking at home? Why not let your kid lend a helping hand! With these simple, child-friendly recipes, your little tyke will be racing to the kitchen in no time! Soon, you’ll be the one asking when dinnertime will be! So sit back, relax, and read on to learn how to turn your child into the next Master Chef!
Chicken and Peanut Noodles
This meal is packed full of protein – great for any growing child in need of tons of energy. One plate of this stuff, and you’ll never have to worry your kid will get tired….maybe you should have a bite of it too!
- 1 8-ounce package thin rice noodles or sticks
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken
- 1 carrot
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1/2cup creamy peanut butter
- 2tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot tap water. Let soak until soft, 25 to 30 minutes. Drain in a colander or large strainer.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken meat, discarding the skin and bones. Use a vegetable peeler to make long strips of carrot and cucumber.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, and 6 tablespoons water until smooth.
- Divide the noodles, chicken, carrot, and cucumber among 4 bowls. Drizzle with the dressing.